As we approach our 7th week with the PBC, he is beginning to become a little more active. His habit of curling up into a fetal ball is becoming alternated with periods of s-t-r-e-t-c-h-i-n-g himself out. Consequently, he looks a bit longer to me.
He is also much more active. His eyes almost follow you around now, if you talk to him as you are moving. He is reaching and grabbing at things. I held up a toy in front of him the other day and he got this huge smile on his face. It seems the formula is doing more than just putting weight on him--it is enabling him to reach those other developmental milestones as well.
Mommy has been much more active this week as well. And I don't just mean the workout class and half-mile walk yesterday in the gorgeous weather. I was officially back to work this week for two half-days. On the one hand, it was a blessing. It'll be a huge relief to get a paycheck again! On the other hand, although this week went well, I'm dreading leaving him for three full days next week.
Pumping was a bit of a problem. I confess I knew it would be, and that was even before I started supplementing him. I've never had great production from the pump, but an ounce in eight hours has to be a record low. I'm not sure how much longer I'll even be able to nurse at all. Supplementing is killing my supply.
Sleeplessness is killing me too--specifically my creativity. I keep thinking that this blog has to be more than a simple journal, that I want it to be the beginning of a book project (hence the name). Still, I have barely enough brain cells to remember my kids names--a book feels like a huge reach. I guess, like the PBC, I will have to work at s-t-r-e-t-c-h-i-n-g myself in order to pursue that ambition.
No comments:
Post a Comment