al·pha (n.) 1. The first letter of the Greek alphabet.
2. The first one; the beginning.
**********************************************

27 March 2009

I Don't Know How You Do It

It seems to me that this parenting thing just keeps getting harder and harder. I need maybe 20 minutes to create and post on this website, but I never seem to have that much time to spend all at once. It is rather difficult to be creative in 2 minute bursts--especially when interupted by life in the form of small children!

Between the kids, my job, the bills, and my deep desire for an adequate amount of sleep, I am being pulled in too many directions at once. It feels a bit like being emotionally drawn and quartered--although I think I'm being split into more than just four pieces. Its no wonder that the evil post-partum depression is attacking full force. I'd have to have multiple personality disorder to effectively deal with the amount of chaos in my life.

People have been telling me lately that they don't know how I do it. I asked my boss this morning if I looked as tired as I felt. Thankfully, she told me I looked fine (she was kindly overlooking the slightly disheveled hair and the fact that I wore the same pants just a day ago.) Friends and family have let it be known that if they had to live with my kids, they'd go insane. Personally, I don't know how I do it either. I just try to survive.

Actually, I don't think I'm doing it particularly well, either. My kids don't listen and I'm too tired to make them. I yell with unfortunate regularity. All I really want to do is curl up with a good book or sleep in on a Saturday, but since I can't do those things I self-medicate with large amounts of chocolate. My house looks like a disaster--and that is after I've straightened up a bit. Only FEMA needs to know what it looked like before a quick cleaning...

I'm glad that God is a loving Father. I'm very happy that He rarely yells to get my attention, and that when I deserve a time-out, He gives me a hug instead. He is more concerned about cleansing my heart than my house, and He loves me even though He knows that I turn to Cadbury Creme Eggs instead of prayer when life gets overwhelming. Amazingly enough, He never for one second regrets that He's got me for a kid. Now, if I could just be a little more like Him, maybe things around here would go a bit smoother.

"For you did not choose Me, but I chose you..." John 15:16a

1 comment:

GLW said...

BIG HUGS!!! Love ya!

Followers