al·pha (n.) 1. The first letter of the Greek alphabet.
2. The first one; the beginning.
**********************************************

14 May 2009

Joys of Motherhood

As I watch the PBC grow, I am taking great joy in seeing each new stage. I think it is because every time he develops a new skill, I remind myself that this is the last time I will get to see it happen. I never anticipated having this child, but I now I am glad that I can take the time to truly savor the baby stage.

I really love watching the baby flail his arms at his toys. It makes me smile to hear him start, especially how he laughs at his mobile. He slept seven hours straight last night--that is a major milestone for a mommy to savor. His latest achievement is rolling over and surprising himself with a whole new view of the world. The boy's got skills.

Actually, they all have skills. My oldest wrote and performed a song for me for my Mother's Day gift. It was the most wonderful gift ever--and before you go thinking that is just the mom in me talking, it truly was a work of art. My first son can make anyone laugh. His stories are so creative that it is impressive, and he is so darn cute when he's telling them! Even his school teachers are charmed. My little princes has got the brightest eyes and best dimples on the planet--even if she does use them to her advantage at times. Her looks are backed up by her brains since at two she can already count in two languages and recite most of the alphabet.

I guess each age has its own beauty. Its just that I forget to actually see it in the midst of daily life. Whether it is nursing the PBC, singing 'Twinkle, Twinkle Little Star' with my princess, racing monster trucks with the class clown, or girl-talk with the teenager, I want to remember to take a moment just to enjoy them. To smile simply because they are smiling, to praise their latest accomplishment. Of course, hopefully they won't test my resolve by dumping the toys out of their box or unfolding the clean laundry all over the floor (again)...

Ah, the joys of motherhood!

No comments:

Followers