al·pha (n.) 1. The first letter of the Greek alphabet.
2. The first one; the beginning.
**********************************************

07 June 2009

Embrace the Rain

Today's message at church really hit home for me. It seems lately that no matter what I try, I never get ahead. We tried to help someone out with a car repair and wound up over-stretching our finances--a serious oops which has caused some worries lately. I tried to adopt a dog from people who were getting rid of him and wound up with a severely sore and bloody leg from where he bit me. And I'm not the only one I know going through this kind of stuff. A friend is redoing her basement for the third time after it has flooded once again. Another almost lost a second job after being unemployed earlier this year. I have been wondering lately--"why, God?"

Today the Pastor talked about the ark and Noah. About how God kept him through the flood. About how He promised through setting His bow in the clouds to never destroy all life like that again. And he reminded me that we can only see God's promise in the rain. If every day were sunshine, what need would we have to be reminded of His faithfulness? If every circumstance in life were rosy, when would we be drawn to the Savior? The Pastor was simply quoting some Scripture from Genesis 6-9 and Isaiah 54, but I felt the whisper of God superintending his words: embrace the rain.

Embrace the Rain

When the tears of your trials
fall like rivers from your eyes
When the difficulties gather
Like storm-clouds in the skies
*
When you cannot understand
the overwhelming flood
when you're lost within the waters
and cannot see God's love
*
Embrace the rain that He is sending
For with it comes His grace
Embrace the storm assailing you
And in it find your faith
*
Like Noah and the animals
Trapped a year upon the sea
Send out your doves and pray
Until God has set you free
*
Like the cypress of that ark
Run to Jesus to stay dry
Amidst the storms of life that threaten
to make the strongest cry
*
Embrace the rain that He is sending
Though it be the breaking of the deep
Embrace the pain that He's allowing
Though the price may feel too steep
*
Embrace the storm that hurt unleashes
When the waves crash upon your soul
For with them comes God's promise
To restore and make you whole
*
Embrace the rain...

"For this is like the days of Noah to Me; When I swore that the waters of Noah should not flood the earth again, So I have sworn that I will not be angry with you, Nor will I rebuke you. For the mountains may be removed and hills may shake, But My lovingkindness will not be removed from you, And My covenant of peace will not be shaken," says the Lord who has compassion on you. --Isaiah 54:9-10

No comments:

Followers