Kid birthday pictures. Grocery shopping. Pineapple salsa. Green chino curtains. These are the sorts of things that occupy my mind and time. Well, those and destroying the kitchen cupboards while attempting to spruce them up by changing the drawer pulls. Who knew chipboard was so fragile? My husband is NOT going to be happy.
In the midst of the million and one details of the day, I am finding it a challenge to channel any creativity at all. What in the world is worth mention in my mundane life? At the moment, nothing newsworthy springs to mind.
Except maybe spring itself. The tulips are showing a bit today. That little spark of green amid the mud and muck speaks hope into my winter-weary heart. But today I can't even find a paragraph for the tulips. A line is my limit.
Laundry machine buzzing. Baby crying. Dog whining. Dirty dishes waiting.
Always some sort of obligation pending. I feel like my words have been pressed out, leaving me like a dried olive husk. The richness of their oil is sauteeing the peppers for the pineapple salsa, but nothing remains within me to season my story.
No comments:
Post a Comment