Sometimes, it is best not to procrastinate. Wedding plans, for example--or someone sells your reception hall, as a dear friend of mine recently discovered. Christmas shopping. Visectomy appointments (this in hindsight). Some things, however, are truly wonderful when they get delayed a bit. Jury duty, dental work, road construction...the kinds of things we aren't so eager to experience, despite whatever benefits they may bring. I have now added to this list OB appointments.My next appointment was due to be Monday--just two short days from now. I am, according to the most recent calculations, finally through the first trimester--but just barely, at 15 weeks. Since every OB appointment after the first has put my due date further back, and thereby extended the eternity of this pregnancy considerably, I decided I had better wait until I had a better margin between me and that first trimester before going in again.
I did keep today's appointment for more bloodwork. I am secretly hoping my thyroid is still off since that would begin to explain the extreme fatigue that continues to plague me. Although having 3 kids, working part-time, moving offices, and suffering from chronic nausea and insomnia might also be factors. The thyroid at least I could do something about. Just up the dosage, doc. The rest of this crazy life I appear to have much less influence over.
I found it interesting, in reviewing that most popular passage in Ecclesiastes 3, that of all the measures and moments of life that are listed "There is a time to sleep and a time to wake" didn't make the cut. Still, it's wisdom on life begins with a most appropriate--for me--reminder that everything has its appointed time. This baby will come at God's appointed time (unless I can convince the doctor to move up the natural timetable, of course). And the OB visits will continue at their appointed times. Its just that the "appointed time"for this next one has been changed a bit.
"There is an appointed time for everything.
And there is a time for every event under heaven--"
Ecc 3:1
No comments:
Post a Comment