al·pha (n.) 1. The first letter of the Greek alphabet.
2. The first one; the beginning.
**********************************************

01 August 2008

Auburn for Autumn

Every pregnancy, my hair does this 'au-natural' thing. In other words, it gets dull, grey, and thick. Up until recently, I have suffered through as my roots grew in darker. Two things prevented me from doing something about this indignancy.

The first is that any pregnant woman who dyes her hair takes her life in her hands. Those wicked hormones tend to mess with some dyes and can give rather frightening results. I myself have had flaming orange, and occasionally slightly sickening green, neither flattering colors--but especially not on my head!

The second has been my constant, and extreme, nausea. With the pills, I get by pretty well most days, but being so very sensitive to smells hasn't encouraged me to mess with hair dye. So, when I recently saw a commercial for Clairol Nice-n-Easy Perfect 10 claiming they had created a "why smell terrible?" hair color, it caught my attention. Tonight, my stomach felt safe enough to give it a try.

At the moment, I have gone auburn for autumn. The shade may be a bit of a shock, but the experience wasn't too bad. The color works just as fast as they promised--10 minutes--and indeed the smell was much better than usual. I've never gone quite this dark before, but I figure it may give me a little more time before I have to mess with a root touch-up. Of course, with such a painless process, I might not have to worry so much.

No comments:

Followers