Now at the 18th week, I am once again feeling some movement, as I did very early on. That fluttery feeling was one of the things that convinced me to take a pregnancy test, actually. (Still, "they" said it was only gas. But there was indeed a baby!) Now, I only feel that little thud at night when I'm lying down, and only occasionally. Still, it is a welcome reminder that all is right in the mini-universe of my uterus.Movement, I think, is one of the biggest milestones during pregnancy. Right after hearing that first heartbeat. The reason, I suppose, is that we moms-to-be are extrememly paranoid people. We like to know that all this gestating is actually heading somewhere...the sooner the better! It reminds me of the lyrical Little People in Wizard of Oz . Movement practically sings "We represent the baby inside, the baby inside, the baby inside. We represent the baby inside, and prove that all is well." (PS. Did you just sing that???)
At least I will have something new to report when I go on Monday to see the doctor again. Not to mention the laundry list of complaints and questions I've developed in the last 6 weeks. Like, why is it better to blow my nose until it bleeds than take a little bit of allergy medicine? And why is it that after months of puking I'm now gaining weight like a starved dog finally served some supper? Oh, and the one BIG question that people keep asking me--when we will find out the baby's sex?
In the meantime, at least I have my little kickboxer occasionally reminding me that some day in what still feels like the far-distant future, my little PBC will follow that yellow-brick road and come out to meet me, arms and legs flailing. Not soon enough for either myself or my three year old, who weekly gets more impatient with my answer (after your birthday) to when the new baby will come out and play with him. Soon the movements will grow strong enough for others to feel as well. My little guy, especially, will get a "kick" out of that.
No comments:
Post a Comment