Within minutes, I realized that working in my office was going to require albuterol in large doses. Of course, my inhaler was at home. Thankfully, I had a meeting for most of the day which would take me away from the problem. After forty minutes of prep, and feeling like I was trying to breathe through a plastic bag the whole time, I escaped upstairs.
The second half of the meeting was mine to present. Unfortunately, my woes worsened when fully half the staff stiffed me. As a result, a project we've been working on for the past two months remains unfinished. The really bad news is that I'm not going to get a pass from the senior vice-president dude that my reports go to. This means that now I will pretty much have to complete the entire project on my own. Talk about frustration.
I have no idea what tomorrow will bring. I am scheduled to teach a class for the last half of my shift, but in the meantime I'll have to make it through the first five hours of my day. This problem in the offices has been ongoing, and I'm not holding my breath (though it sort of feels similar!) that the next 24 hours will bring a miraculous resolution to the issue. My boss has actually had to relocate to another suite temporarily after being on medical leave for the past two weeks due to this very problem.
On top of it all is the knowledge that this can't be too good for the kid I carry. During my first pregnancy I had a lovely case of pneumonia and had to take breathing treatments for almost a month. I really don't want another long-term relationship with my nebulizer. Another part of me wants to throw in the towel and not bother getting up in the morning to go to work as it is--it is truly hard to stay motivated and focused with health troubles added onto the pregnancy fatigue.
Its a shame I don't have another way to contribute to the house payment. Somehow being obviously pregnant doesn't lend itself to being a hot ticket on the job market. Still, it feels good to get this all off my chest. Now if I could just remove the brick wall that lands there every time I walk in the door at work...
"Let everything that has breath praise the Lord. Praise the Lord!"
--Psalm 150:6
No comments:
Post a Comment