al·pha (n.) 1. The first letter of the Greek alphabet.
2. The first one; the beginning.
**********************************************

24 October 2008

Howdy, Tex!

Today a good friend of mine got a great birthday present--her son! When they called to tell me the good news, I was overjoyed that things had gone well and he was healthy. I asked for his stats, of course, and was astonished that he weighed in at a hefty 8#11oz and was 20.5 inches--about the size of the state his name hails from! These happen to be the same exact measurements that my little guy was when we welcomed him to the world (although when I was holding him, it was impossible to imagine my son was ever that small). It was also over two pounds larger than her last baby. I got to thinking, if mine gets that much bigger than my last, I'm going to be in some serious trouble.

My now much bigger little guy spent an hour this afternoon coloring pictures for his friend's new baby brother. If you know my son, you realize this is an extremely long period of time for him to spend on just one task. Other than that, however, he hasn't taken the birth of Tex too well. He was jealous of his friend that she got her baby and he couldn't have his yet. This entire pregnancy has been an exercise in extreme patience for my busy preschooler, and this latest turn of events is almost too much for him to process. "I want my brother NOW!" sums up his opinion.

Truth be told, I'd love to be done with this pregnancy also, but not at the cost of my baby's health. (Not to mention that my husband and I are still months away from picking a name.) Still, I'm now looking even more forward to the day I get to hold my new son in my arms...

In the meantime, congrats once again to J&G&A, and welcome to the world Little Tex!

"Her children rise up and bless her; Her husband also, and he praises her..."
--Proverbs 31:28

No comments:

Followers