
I just returned from my family doctor's office where they increased my synthroid since our "peanut butter cup" has decided to send my thyroid into orbit. Hopefully, the higher dosage will help counteract the extreme fatigue I've been feeling.
We still aren't sure how many weeks the little bean is. Somewhere between a grain of rice and a green grape. My oldest apparently thought I was lying about feeling some movement--just flutters--when she found out how small the baby is. She thought surely there would have to be "15 of them in there" for me to feel a grain of rice inside me. I had to remind her that dropping a tiny pebble into our pond causes ripples, and that when the baby moves, the water in the sac moves also. I think it brought a moment of clarity to her about how a mom is intimately connected with her baby almost from the moment of conception, although I also pray she is in no rush to experience the phenomenon for herself! (Special thanks to Spasmoid on Flickr for the photo.)
I find myself complaining that a baby (or even two) the size of rice shouldn't cause my shorts to be so tight...although I haven't gained any actual weight yet, thank goodness, I can feel things shifting to that low abdominal area we all stress about. So much for swimsuit season again this year!
No comments:
Post a Comment