al·pha (n.) 1. The first letter of the Greek alphabet.
2. The first one; the beginning.
**********************************************

15 September 2008

24 Hours Flew

It seems this wet weather has had its way with us lately. Several close friends aren't feeling well, which means that our weekly Bible study has been cancelled. It is a relief since I, too, have been 'under the weather' (pun intended), but sad since I miss them when we don't get a chance to get together.

It amazes me how much life can change in just 24 hours. One I'm day breathing fine, the next it feels like an elephant is sitting on my chest and I'm tied to my nebulizer. Of course, I've had days--and you have too--where those few hours from sunrise to sunset represent something even grander than a flu bug. Think of it, one day you're single, the next married. One day a spouse, the next a parent. Sometimes that one day becomes so significant that we frown upon those close to us if they don't remember those special dates--birthdays, anniversaries, etc.

I expect the next 24 hours to entirely change our whole family. The reason? Today we are all anticipating a baby. Tomorrow, we will be expecting a boy or girl, brother or sister, son or daughter. The 'who' that the PBC is becoming will be revealed at a most basic level. I know that I will have different, more specific dreams for my child once I know which sex to expect. Ballet or karate? (Because lets face it, my spouse wouldn't dream of his son in a leotard!) Pink or blue? (Not that it matters--I plan to decorate in green!) Crew cut or pigtails? Mama's boy or Daddy's girl?

I hope to look back on today not as a day spent with the 24 hour flu, but as 24 hours that flew by. As one day closer to meeting the Peanut Butter Cup, and one milestone further along on this unexpected, unparalleled journey.

For Thou didst form my inward parts;
Thou didst weave me in my mother's womb.
Ps 139:13


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

So excited for you guys!!! Can't wait to hear if you'll be adding a boy or a girl to your family!

Followers