al·pha (n.) 1. The first letter of the Greek alphabet.
2. The first one; the beginning.
**********************************************

16 September 2008

Wild BLUE Yonder

My sister is visiting from Georgia this month. It has been nice to see my neice, who looks so cute in my youngest daughter's hand-me downs. She took a plane to get here--an interesting journey while toting a 5-month old on your chest in a carry-pak. I have the feeling that our family is off on our own little flight into the wild blue yonder.

Emphasis on blue--we are having a little bundle of boy! (Congrats, GW, you win the prize!) Emphasis on wild--if this little one is as high energy as his big brother. Regardless, it'll be a high-flying adventure complete with airplanes, fire trucks and super heros.

I'm excited about the news. My son is no longer the only son of an only son of an only son. Now he has someone to share all the expectations for upholding the family name with. They'll have tons of time to work out who is going to follow in whose footsteps, too, since this pretty much dictates that they will share a room for the rest of their lives. My hubby and I are already planning ahead for "the boys' room." I think he's geeked about it, too.

I also got to have a little sigh of relief when it comes to stocking up on stuff for this little one. I have been giving away my daughter's clothes as soon as she outgrew them, but I actually have quite a few of the 0-3 months boy things left over. I need everything practical, of course, but I have a really adorable tuxedo for his baby dedication!

Now we just have to work on a short list for boy names, among the million other details to get ready for his arrival! I'm off to the baby store to window shop. Oh, and just for my 'other mother', GO BLUE!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

YAY!! Our little boys can be friends!! That is so exciting!! WOOHOO! I can't believe how wonderful your ultrasound pics turned out, they look great!

Anonymous said...

WOOHOO!!! Michigan rocks!!!! Go UoM!!

Anonymous said...

Congrats on your BLUE news! and you made me smile with your last line. Love you! Your Other Mother

Followers