I really should have written several times this week. It was busy--things were happening that were noteworthy, at least to me. The problem is, its been so hectic, I'm exhausted.
This weekend was the bridal shower for my friend whose wedding I'm in next month. It was a success, surprising me and the other bridesmaid who helped put it on. We were so stressed that all the details would come together, we'd have enough food, and people would enjoy it--especially the bride-to-be. It was a thrill to see her so happy and having fun with old friends.
Also in wedding news, the dresses came in. Mine is supersize, and with any luck will still fit me in a few weeks. I need to find someone to do a few emergency alterations--the downside of ordering a size large enough for the belly is that the bust is way too wide. The only other thing that needs a bit of adjusting is my attitude--I just feel akward and HUGE, and can't quite convince myself that I'll look OK at this deal. Of course, I'd wear sackcloth and ashes if the bride asked me to--she's worth it.
After church, I never considered blogging my Sunday Selah. I simply came home and went to bed as soon as possible for a nap. Later, I started to prep for our Bible study which is on Monday nights. This week we were making pies--something of a yearly tradition. Only this time around I was supplying the apples (sliced) and the pumpkin (real) along with a few other essentials. Organizing another laundry basket load of stuff to pack in the van required unpacking the things I'd just brought home from the shower.
On Monday, I had to work. Usually I work Wed/Thurs, but with Thanksgiving being this week, I had to make up my hours. After a very hectic weekend, and a night that I spent getting up to tend to crying kids, I was less than thrilled to spend the next 9 hours at my desk. Not to mention that there wasn't much down-time when I got home since we almost immediately loaded up in the van and left for Pie Night at our friends' house.
Today was spent prepping the house and preparing my portion of the meal for Thursday when we host the family for our Thanksgiving celebration. A friend commented that I was "brave" to plan all this stuff when I'm so pregnant it hurts (literally!). I think she was being kind--I would've said "stupid." Of course, then I would have gotten a lecture from my son, because of all the things I frequently tell him, he actually remembers that "Stupid is not a nice word."
After countless loads of laundry, baking, cooking, cleaning, rearranging furniture (calm down--it was on sliders on a wood floor) and various other tasks, I am giving up for the day. Not done, buy far, but seriously done in. It is time to see my hubby for ten seconds and then hit the sheets in an attempt to get enough sleep to make it through my last--and very full--day of work this week.
Maybe after that I can actually think about thanksgiving--the kind where my heart is truly focussed on all the amazing blessings God has given me. Including the clothes, kids, dishes, and diapers that requires so many hours of cleaning and cuddling, mending and tending. At least He's given me plenty of good reasons to wear myself out.
No comments:
Post a Comment