al·pha (n.) 1. The first letter of the Greek alphabet.
2. The first one; the beginning.
**********************************************

21 July 2008

Denial


So much for catching up on sleep. Last night was spent getting up at least twice an hour with a sick little boy. How many hours sleep does a mommy need, anyway? Apparently more than this one got!

Today was my second OB appointment. I'm really becoming discouraged with these visits. Today's consisted of being unable to hear the baby's heartbeat (supposedly "normal" for early pregnancy), and the equally disappointing announcement that they are going to push the due date back to February. February, for heaven's sake, is most of eternity from here!

I am in the process of choosing my coping mechanism. I think I have settled on denial. I will simply pretend that I have had enough sleep to function on. I will walk around as though I am through the first trimester and this nausea (the doc complained about my weight loss and I told her she was lucky it was so little!) will soon be gone. I will even probably continue to tell you--and everyone else--that this little blessing will arrive around Christmas. You can believe what you will, but right now the only sanity I have left is fantasy!

No comments:

Followers