al·pha (n.) 1. The first letter of the Greek alphabet.
2. The first one; the beginning.
**********************************************

05 July 2008

Happy 4th and Other Forgotten Things

I've been told that yesterday was a holiday, so Happy Fourth! My biggest moment was eating a banana split that hubby bought to share with me. He didn't get much...and he didn't complain since it contained more calories than I've managed to eat all week. I had actually forgotten what ice cream tasted like. Not to mention fresh banana.

I have spent most of the past week in bed, asleep. I never did go back to work after leaving the other day at noon. The anti-nausea meds are meant to be taken every six hours--I make it about 5 before I feel that familiar queasiness creeping back in. I remember it was much worse with the last pregnancy, but I confess I'm mystified why it would be getting so bad right at the end of the first trimester when I'm supposed to start feeling better again!

Today we will be at my parents' house for a family get-together. I have had to make crab salad and baked beans--both of which have scented the house well beyond my limit of tolerance. I've been keeping the windows open despite the chill I've taken from it. Still, they are worth it, since they have kept hold of the kids for the past few days so I could puke in peace.

My husband commented last night "So this is what life would be like without kids." We are strangers to that situation since our daughter was seven when we married. I think seven was a wonderful age to come into a child--I often tell her that it took 10 months to get her, but I didn't have to throw up once. Anyway, at the moment my dear significant other made his statement, I was calculating how much time remained before my next dose of medicine. I think he had forgotten about the one child I cannot possibly forget--the one living inside me and making this pregnancy as much a delight as the others...

No comments:

Followers