al·pha (n.) 1. The first letter of the Greek alphabet.
2. The first one; the beginning.
**********************************************

08 July 2008

Relief...and Worry


We have ultrasound results. The good news is, the peanut butter cup has a fluttery little blip representing a good heartbeat. The other good news is that there is just one of them floating around in there.

The rest of the exam was not as great, though. The measurements they got were small for my dates. This resulted in the decision to push back my due date--considerably. I really don't think I can handle the extra 3 1/2 weeks they've added. Plus, although the baby looks small at this point, I've always had monsters by delivery, and both were early. If they are wrong about the extra time, this one could easily be ten pounds before the allow me to have an induction.

They also found a small bleed. They weren't concerned about it, but of course I am. With my first pregnancy I had low hormone levels, and had to take supplements in order to keep the baby. Now I am very concerned that I might be having the same trouble this time, but thus far undetected since the bleed is internal.

The only thing explained by these rather disappointing results is why I'm getting such horrible nausea right when I ought to be feeling on the upswing. According to the ultrasound today, I'm still in prime morning-sickness territory. The downside is that this means weeks more until I feel almost human again. And in the midst of fighting with my insurance to cover my anti-nausea pills (to the tune of about $14 per pill), I'm not sure I have enough fortitude to deal with the rest of the concerns today's appointment has left me with.

My husband, bless him, holds me and says "Everthing is going to be fine." I don't really believe him right now, but he did inspire me to seek some comfort and courage from God.

"Wait for the Lord; Be strong and let your heart take courage; Yes, wait for the Lord"
--Ps 27:14

Pray for us, hey?

No comments:

Followers